Gratitude... The littlest of all virtues and the greatest of all vices. My high school principal taught me this! At that point in time, I really didn't understand what she talked about. I just memorized it like I memorized every other thing we learned at assembly every morning.
Now I understand what she means. I found out last night that one of my acquaintances died. I doubt that he remembers me but I surely remember him. I met him once or twice but he definitely left something in the hearts of people he hung out with. He had such a kind and gentle soul and didn't deserve to die at such a young age. He was a leader and was selfless in his style and I feel honored to have met him. He seemed joyous and grateful at all times.
This got me thinking about the number of people that leave this world on a daily basis. It got me thinking about how many people are actually as joyful and thankful for each day that they are able to see. We are all so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take a minute to stop and say THANK YOU to God. By saying thank you, we place a high value on the things we have and are grateful for no matter how small. Therefore, I would like to use this opportunity to say;
I am grateful for:
And lastly,
Seun, I am thankful for the life you lived and I pray that your gentle soul rests in peace.
What are you thankful for?
Now I understand what she means. I found out last night that one of my acquaintances died. I doubt that he remembers me but I surely remember him. I met him once or twice but he definitely left something in the hearts of people he hung out with. He had such a kind and gentle soul and didn't deserve to die at such a young age. He was a leader and was selfless in his style and I feel honored to have met him. He seemed joyous and grateful at all times.
This got me thinking about the number of people that leave this world on a daily basis. It got me thinking about how many people are actually as joyful and thankful for each day that they are able to see. We are all so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take a minute to stop and say THANK YOU to God. By saying thank you, we place a high value on the things we have and are grateful for no matter how small. Therefore, I would like to use this opportunity to say;
I am grateful for:
- being able to see this day, hour, minute and second.
- my family, my friends and loved ones.
- the opportunity I have to be where I am.
- Sister Rita for teaching me that working hard is important and being grateful is even more important.
- the wrongs that help me learn and the rights that humble me ,
And lastly,
Seun, I am thankful for the life you lived and I pray that your gentle soul rests in peace.
What are you thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment